Best Chaffle Recipe | Keto Waffle
Chaffles are a favourite among the keto community because of how simple the recipe is.
A basic Chaffle is just cheese and egg done on a waffle plate.
The name Chaffle is another way of saying that this dish is a cheesy waffle.
When I had this dish the first time, I could not understand why everybody was raving about the low-carb ketogenic waffle. Even though the taste was not bad; it was by no means my idea of a delicious breakfast.
The variation in today’s “Best Chaffle recipe” eliminates some of the flaws of a basic chaffle.
- Vanilla & cinnamon used in this recipe makes an aromatic dish and masks the egg flavour.
- Erythritol is added to make the waffle sweet without increasing carbs. A breakfast waffle is supposed to be sweet!
- A tablespoon of almond flour gives a much better body to the chaffle; hence, my breakfast waffles always have some almond flour in them.
- The final bit of magic happens with the addition of Baking powder. Baking powder makes your batter light and fluffy.
I like my waffles crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. This recipe has always delivered that perfect chaffle texture.
Let’s look at the best keto waffle recipe
Ingredients required are 10 grams of almond flour, 1 large egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp Erythritol, a pinch of cinnamon powder, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and butter to grease the waffle iron.
How to make a Chaffle:
- Switch on the waffle maker, so that waffle iron is hot when you pour the mixture.
- Break the egg into a bowl and add the vanilla extract
- Use a whisk to mix the vanilla into the creamed egg.
- Now, add all the dry ingredient; cinnamon, Erythritol, almond powder and baking powder.
- Whisk the ingredients together
- Add the mozzarella cheese and whisk into a batter consistency.
- Do not worry if your batter looks much thicker than a typical waffle dough.
- Brush the waffle iron with butter.
- Pour the mixture onto the waffle maker
- Spread the mixture
- Cook for 5-6 minutes
- Steam coming out of the waffle maker is a sign that the Chaffle is still not cooked.
- Use tongs to remove the waffles from the waffle plate.
The best way to enjoy this Chaffle is with a dollop of butter and your favourite low-carb syrup
Each of these delicious gluten-free chaffles has about 7 grams of carbs in them.