Best Keto Tortilla Cheese Wrap Recipe
Flatbreads are a big part of every Indian meal. We cannot feel satiated without naans or parathas to complement our proteins.
My biggest frustration with the keto diet was my inability to eat flatbread with my meal.
Most of my experiments with keto flatbread failed. Many recipes gave a wrong texture, and others were insipid.
I finally found the perfect recipe for flatbread/tortilla and adapted the recipe to my requirements.
One thing led to other and over the course of time, I have created quite a few dishes using this tortilla recipe.
Today’s meal is a Keto Tortilla Wrap filled with Cottage & Cheddar Cheese.
This is one of my favourite lunch recipes, I even share this with my office colleagues, and they never realize that they are eating a Ketogenic Wrap!
This detailed post has four sections.
- The first section is about making soft Keto Tortillas.
- The second section explains the making of fresh keto guacamole.
- The third section details the preparation of cottage cheese filling.
- And the fourth section is about assembling this amazing keto wrap.
Keto tortilla recipe
Let’s look at the ingredients for keto tortilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients in the mixer bowl. Add in the egg whites and mix well.
- Now, add the hot water. And finish mixing the dough.
- Rest the dough for about five minutes.
- Divide the dough into eight equal part, coat with olive oil, and place a portion on an oiled silicon sheet/ parchment paper.
- Cover with a parchment paper. And press down with a large plate. DO NOT use a rolling pin, as this will make the dough stick to the parchment paper.
- Remove the tortillas and, cook on a skillet with little oil. Flip the tortillas to cook on the other side.
- Your soft keto tortillas are ready to eat!
How to make Keto Guacamole:
Let’s look at the preparation of delicious guacamole spread for this wrap.
Ingredients required for the guacamole.
1. Scoop out the avocado into a bowl and add the chopped onions, tomatoes and crushed garlic.
2. Use a fork to press and mix the ingredients gently.
3. Now, pour in the lemon juice and olive oil and mix the liquids.
4. Add the coarsely crushed cumin and cilantro, followed by sea salt & ground pepper.
5. Fold in all the ingredients till you get a spreadable consistency. Your Keto Guacamole spread is ready.
Keto cottage cheese filling.
The ingredients required for the cottage cheese filling are:
1. Marinate the cottage cheese and red pepper slices separately in olive oil, sea salt, pepper, lemon Juice, add finally add the paprika.
2. To save time, you may marinate before preparing the guacamole. 3. Oil the skillet and grill the cottage cheese.
4. Grill the marinated peppers by placing the skin side first on the skillet.
5. Use tongs to flip and cook on the other side. In about two minutes, your stuffing should be ready!
Now comes the exciting part about assembling the wrap!
In addition to the prepared ingredients, you will require: Cheddar cheese, sliced Onions and Tabasco sauce to make that perfect keto wrap.
1. Begin by spreading a tablespoon of keto guacamole on the tortilla.
2. Layer the slices of cottage cheese & pepper.
3. Add sliced onions and cheddar cheese. Season to taste. You could add chilly sauces to spice up the taste. I prefer this meal with two dashes of tabasco.
4. Fold the Wrap. Since the tortilla is so soft, you may use a toothpick to hold everything in its place.
One Tortilla has 2.8 grams of net carb, the guacamole is 1.2 grams of carbs & the stuffing contains just half a gram of carbohydrates.
You could consume this yummy keto tortilla cheese wrap, guilt-free with the knowledge that each wrap has only 4.5 grams of net carbs.