Cauliflower Chaffle Recipe
What is Chaffle?
Chaffles are waffles made with Keto approved ingredients.
The classical Chaffle recipe requires only two ingredients; Cheese and Eggs.
So the name Chaffle is an abridged term for “Cheese Waffle”.
Anyone can mix cheese with eggs and pour it into a waffle maker. Easy keto hacks which do not require any culinary skills tend to become viral pretty quickly. Chaffle recipes are a viral trend of the season, and ketoers are going crazy for this low-carb waffle hack.
Keto Chaffle is an excellent alternative to your regular bacon & egg breakfast. Also, Chaffles can be used to prepare keto sandwiches, and crispy Chaffles make a perfect keto pizza base.
The exciting news is that there are endless combinations for what you can add to make your very own Chaffle keto recipe. Keto Chaffles could be made sweet or savoury.
Today we are making a savoury Cauliflower Chaffle.
The exact recipe can also be used to make a crispy keto pizza base by cooking it longer.
Let’s look at the ingredients for Savoury Cauliflower Chaffle:
1 medium-sized cauliflower, ½ cup Mozzarella, ½ cup of parmesan cheese, 1 large egg, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp of dry herbs, salt & pepper to taste and butter to glaze the waffle maker.
How to make cauliflower chaffle?
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets & wash them under running water.
- Pulse & rice the florets in a blender.
- The finished rice should have a couscous like consistency
- Switch on the waffle maker, so that the waffle iron is hot when you pour the mixture.
- Add cauliflower and Mozzarella cheese to the blender, followed by the garlic powder and mixed herbs.
- Keeping two teaspoons aside, add in all the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Now add the egg and season to taste.
- Blend to make chaffle dough. The dough will not be runny like a waffle batter.
- Brush the waffle iron with butter or almond oil.
- Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese on your waffle iron. This layering of cheese is the trick that makes your waffles crispy
- Add the mixture to the waffle maker.
- Spread the mixture.
- Sprinkle parmesan again on the top.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Steaming is a sign that your chaffle is still not cooked.
- Use tongs to remove the chaffle onto your plate.
Enjoy this food, like a waffle, as a bread slice or as a keto pizza base.
I prefer to eat these cauliflower chaffles by dunking them into tangy mayo.
This recipe will make two chaffle slices, and each slice is about 3.5 grams of net carbs.