How to Make the Perfect Keto Bread
Like most of you, I am a bread lover too!
A bread made from refined flour contains 20 grams of carbs. The high level of carbs meant that I could not eat bread in my ketogenic meal plan. But isn’t a keto diet supposed to be fun? There has to be a way to enjoy my burgers without increasing the carbs.
Most online recipes resulted in a crumbly bread. Some methods that worked had a lot of ingredients and a cumbersome preparation process. None of these could match up to the taste and feel of regular bread.
Luckily, I finally found a recipe that works like a charm. The texture is perfect, tastes like a regular bread without leaving an aftertaste and has a good shelf life too!
Am excited to share this perfect keto bread recipe with you.
The flour used for this recipe is a combination of Blanched almond flour and psyllium husk.
You may add sesame seeds or herbs of your choice to this recipe. Directions
- Mix the dry ingredients ( Almond flour, Psyllium husk powder and Baking Powder) thoroughly in a bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to a dough kneader and add-in the egg whites, water and cider vinegar.
- Mix the ingredients at high speed for 30-40 seconds. If you are making the dough manually, use just your fingers to mix in the wet ingredients.
- When ready, your dough should be of a “play-dough” consistency.
- Roll your dough and place them on a silicon mat brushed with olive oil. If you do not have a silicon mat, use parchment paper. This recipe will make four large buns or six medium-sized buns.
- Sprinkle the buns with sesame seeds or herbs of your choice.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-50 minutes.
- Apply egg wash or brush with butter for that glossy look.
It’s time to enjoy your keto bread with your favourite spread. This low-carb Keto bread is gluten-free, and each bread roll has only 2 grams of carbs.