Keto Broccoli Salad
Keto Broccoli Salad is my favourite Keto lunch recipe for five reasons.
- I love hot salads which do not need sweet dressings.
- Broccoli is exceptionally Keto-friendly as its high in fibre and low in carbs. Broccoli has about two grams of net carbs per 1 cup of broccoli.
- Vegetarians can replace the bacon with diced avocado.
- You can fix this meal in 20 minutes.
- The Yummy broccoli salad requires just five ingredients.
The regular broccoli & bacon recipe itself is so healthy that to make this recipe keto-friendly broccoli salad, I had to make just three tweaks.
- Replaced salad oil with coconut oil
- Removed the mayonnaise
- Added fried eggs as a topping
I hope you will enjoy this salad recipe as much as I do.
Ingredients: ( for 2 servings)
- Cut broccoli into medium-sized florets and wash under running cold water.
- Parboil the florets in salted water for 3-4 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Remove the broccoli from water
- Cook the bacon in a pan with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil until crisp
- Remove the crisp bacon onto a paper towel.
- Sauté the sliced onions in the same pan until the onions turn translucent
- Now, add the parboiled broccoli to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the salad to two serving plates and top with crisp bacon.
- In a non-stick pan, melt the remaining coconut oil and fry the egg for 5-6 minutes to make a fried egg with a hard-cooked yolk.
- Top the salad with a fried egg and serve.
This tasty Keto Broccoli Salad with Bacon has only 6 grams of net carbs, and each serving will give us 550 calories.