Keto Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Today we will be cooking a healthier or Ketogenic version of the mash for a Thanksgiving spread.
This recipe swaps the potato itself from the potato mash with cauliflower!
Cauliflower is high in fibre and full of anti-oxidants. So this particular swap will protect you from cell damage and also aid in digestion without spiking your sugar levels in this holiday season.
The style of preparation done today will give a restaurant-quality mash. It is a bit more work than the usual mash done in a food processor, but the extra effort makes it a worthy side-dish on your Thanksgiving table.
Ingredients for Creamy Keto Cauliflower Mash:
If you are planning to freeze the mash for later use, omit the heavy cream from this recipe.
Adding turmeric to Ketogenic recipes helps in balancing the blood sugar levels along with improving liver function.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Chop the cauliflower into medium-sized florets.
- Wash the florets under running water.
- Fill a large pot with salted water
- Place the cauliflower florets into the steamer basket and fit on top of the pan. Cover the basket with a lid.
- Steam the florets in the oven for 15-20.
- The cauliflower should become soft & tender.
- Remove the florets into a bowl and mash the cauliflower with a masher or in a blender.
- Now, add the butter to a warm skillet.
- Use a whisk to mix in the mash.
- Reduce the flame and add the heavy cream
- Now add the cheese, turmeric powder and finally the garlic powder.
- Blend in the ingredients until any raw smell disappears.
- Add salt only after tasting as the cheese & butter already contains salt.
Enjoy this amber coloured keto mash with your favourite protein.
A serving of this mash has only 7 grams of net carbs, which is one-fourth of carbs present in a traditional Potato mash.
Happy Healthy Thanksgiving!