Keto Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of the biggest challenges of following a low-carb keto diet is missing out on your favourite staple; Rice.
The followers of the Ketogenic diet have been using the cauliflower rice or grated cauliflower as a substitute.
Most people eat this as an accompaniment to the main meal. However, my recipe for cauliflowers rice elevates the taste profile of the dish. Also, this variation can be had as a breakfast or as an evening snack.
- Chop the cauliflower into medium-sized florets.
- Wash the florets under running water.
- Blitz the florets in a food processor and pulse until you have a rice-like or cuscus consistency. You can also get the same texture by manually grating the cauliflower.
- Melt the butter in a skillet
- Add mustard seeds and sauté till it splutters
- Now add in cumin seeds, chopped ginger, curry leaves, green chillies, onion and sauté.
- Add the grated cauliflower and sauté for a minute.
- Now add in the grated carrots and some sea salt. Sauté for another minute.
- It’s time to introduce the chopped tomatoes into the skillet. Once the tomatoes are tender, add in the blanched and sliced almonds.
- Pour in some water, reduce the flame, cover the skillet with aid and let the cauliflower rice cook for another 8 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro & serve.
- Keep stirring every few minutes to ensure that nothing sticks to the pan.
Nutritional Facts: Net Carbohydrates 6 g; Fat 20 g; Protein 5 g; Fiber 3 g