Keto Chicken Mushroom Casserole
Today we will be cooking a keto optimized casserole recipe. But unlike most other casseroles that are creamy or mushy, this dish is crunchy with a golden brown baked finish.
This particular recipe of keto chicken and mushroom casserole with spinach is excellent for keto prep meals because you can freeze the finished products for later use.
Also, clean keto followers will love the fact that this keto chicken mushroom casserole has zero dairy product. No cream or even butter!
The flavour and texture of toasted mushrooms more than compensate for the lack of creaminess.
Let’s look at the ingredients for the Keto Chicken & mushroom casserole with spinach for 2 servings.
Directions for the Perfect Keto Chicken mushroom and Spinach Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Pat dry the chicken thighs with a clean paper towel. Season each side of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken thighs in a pan with 1 Tablespoon of avocado oil. Cook for about 5 to 8 minutes till the skin is brown & crispy.
- Carefully turn over the chicken and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place skin-side up in the prepared baking dish.
- Reduce the heat and add the onion, garlic, and fresh rosemary to the same skillet with the cooking fat from the chicken and sauté.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and sauté until softened, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, toss the spinach with the remaining avocado oil.
- Place the onion mixture around the chicken thighs in the baking dish.
- I prefer to add the spinach now since the chicken is half done, you could add the greens after ten minutes of baking.
- If you are preparing a single meal, you could also place the mixture in a Casserole.
- Place the baking dish or casserole in the oven and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- If you have not added spinach earlier, take put the chicken after 20 minutes of bake and add the spinach now.
- Increase the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the baking dish or serving plate from the oven and season with salt and pepper.
A portion of chicken mushroom and spinach casserole has only 7 grams of net carbs and serves you with 550 delicious calories.