Keto Fried Cheese Sticks
With winter approaching in most parts of the world, this Ketogenic recipe could very likely become the Keto snack of the season.
This Keto fried cheese recipe is an Indian styled spicy Keto cheese stick.
The recipe is quite filling because of cottage cheese being the principal ingredient.
One can enjoy this snack with their evening cup of tea or as a bite with your broth.
I use this as my post-workout snack.
Let’s look at the ingredients for the Keto fried cheese sticks, for two servings:
100 grams of cottage cheese, 2 tsp. psyllium husk, 1 tsp. red chilly powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp. of allspice mix, 1 tsp. of dried herbs of your choice, sea salt to taste and almond oil or clarified butter for frying.
Ingredients for the marination are:
30 ml of olive oil, 2 tsp. of lime juice and 1 tsp. of paprika powder (optional)
- Cut the cottage cheese into thin sticks. About 3 mm in thickness.
- Transfer these cheese sticks to a bowl, add olive oil, lime juice and the paprika powder.
- Toss the ingredients together and let the cheese sticks marinate for 15 minutes.
- Prepare a spice rub by mixing ½ tsp of chilly powder, ¼ tsp of turmeric powder and allspice mix with salt in a flat, shallow plate.
- Take a separate bowl for the batter. Add egg, salt, your choice of herbs and the remaining chilly powder and turmeric.
- Use a whisk to mix all the ingredients.
- Thicken the batter by adding the psyllium husk in small quantities, keep whisking all the time till you get a batter-like consistency.
- Heat the frying oil in a wok.
- Prepare the cheese by first coating the pieces in the dry spice mix.
- And then, dipping the spice coated cheese sticks in the prepared batter.
- Place all the batter-dipped pieces on a tray.
- Finish your Keto cottage cheese by deep-frying them to a golden brown finish.
- Remove them onto a paper towel
- Serve with mint mayo.
Each serving of this keto snack will give you about 6 grams of net carbs.