Keto Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
As a follower of the Keto diet, my biggest challenge is to cook party meals with ketogenic groceries in the house. Hosting a low-carb party for kids can be even more difficult as most kids avoid healthy veggies.
Today’s keto recipe of Grilled Cheese Sandwich is one of my secrets to hosting healthy party meals.
Well, who doesn’t love cheese!
This yummy tasty dish is made with a cauliflower crust but looks exactly like a regular flour bread.
This ketogenic cauliflower crusted grilled cheese sandwich can be had at breakfast or as an evening snack.
The cheese stuffing can be spiced up with the addition of chillis and chilly sauces.
With just a few essential ingredients, one can make great tasting ketogenic grilled cheese sandwich.
Directions for preparing Keto cauliflower bread
- Start by cutting the cauliflower into medium-sized florets.
- Wash these florets under running water.
- Blitz the florets in a food processor and pulse until you have a rice-like or couscous consistency. You can also get the same texture by manually grating the cauliflower.
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave the rice for three & a half minutes.
- Cool the cauliflower and repeat this process two more times. Each time, heat the rice for three and a half minutes. At the end of this process, you will get a cauliflower that is soft and dry.
- To make the dough for crusted bread: add Parmesan cheese and half the quantity of cheddar cheese, followed by the egg and your choice of herbs. Season as per taste.
- Combine the ingredients well to form a smooth paste.
- Now, divide the mixture into four equal patties.
- Place the patties on a silicone sheet or parchment paper and press with fingers to flatten them.
- The thickness of this patties is similar to a bread slice. Bake these slices for 15 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. These cauliflower crusted bread slices look and feel like the real bread.
Directions to assemble the Ketogenic Grilled Cheese sandwich:
- Cheese filling; For the spicy variation, 1 add chopped chilly & chilly sauces.
- Grill the bread in your favourite fat. I always use butter in this recipe.
- As shown in the accompanying video, I am filling one sandwich with spiked up cheese and another with just cheddar cheese.
- Cover with another slice of bread and, flip to grill on the other side.
- Cover the skillet and cook on low flame for a couple of minutes.
Enjoy this yummy cheesy keto sandwich, guilt-free as this entire plate has only 10 grams of net carbs!