Keto Lemon Sugar Cookies
There are very few Keto hacked recipes where the Keto recipe tastes better than the traditional recipe.
“Keto Lemon Cookies” is one such recipe.
When the main hack is to replace the plain flour with Almond Flour; the resulting dish has to be yummier. :D)
These Keto cookies with almond flour have a perfectly tangy, crispy crust with a zesty, buttery soft interior.
The keto cream cheese cookies are sugar-free, gluten-free and low carb.
The final stroke of perfection is achieved with the lemon glaze on top.
Let’s look at the ingredients for this Ketogenic cookie.
200 grams of almond flour, 4 tbsps. of lemon juice, 50 grams of cream cheese, 50 grams of unsalted butter, 6 Tbsps. of Erythritol, ½ tsp zest of lime and 1 medium-sized egg.
For the lemon glaze, you will require 30 grams of Erythritol and 60 ml of lemon juice.
- In a clean bowl, add the butter, cream cheese, Erythritol, lemon zest, and the lemon juice.
- Use a hand-held blender to cream all the ingredients together.
- Add the egg and mix into the creamed ingredient.
- Now, add the almond flour into the mixture
- Use a spatula to fold in the flour and make a soft cookie dough.
- Cool the dough for 20 minutes, and proceed to preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Divide the dough into 30 grams each, and roll it in your palms softly into a cookie shape
- Place the shaped cookie dough on the baking tray.
- Make a depression in the cookies for the glaze.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove when the cookies are brown at the bottom.
- Set the cookies aside to cool.
- To make the glaze, add the Erythritol and the lemon juice to a warm nonstick pan.
- Mix the ingredients until they combine.
- The glaze is ready when the sugar starts frothing in the pan.
- Do not worry about the thin consistency; the glaze will thicken when it cools.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled cookies and enjoy these fresh keto cookies.
Each of keto lemon cookies has about 2 grams of net carbs.