Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies | Keto Cookies
Your search for the ultimate comfort cookie ends here. If you are going to try only one dish from my blog, it should be this Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookie.
With a crisp exterior, soft centre, creamy feel, pleasant aroma and a pleasing aftertaste; this cookie ticks all the boxes of the perfection.
Making the Ketogenic Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookie is a three-step process.
- Prepare a home-made pumpkin puree.
If you already have pumpkin puree lying around, you may skip this step. If not, making a home-made pumpkin puree is a smart way to save on your groceries.
- Prepare the pumpkin cookie dough
- Prepare the cheesecake filling and bake the cookies.
How to make pumpkin puree?
Only two ingredients are required to make pumpkin puree at home; Pumpkin and Sea salt.
You will require about 600 grams of pumpkin to make a cup of pumpkin purée.
Directions to make pumpkin puree:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the sweet pumpkin into large pieces. Leave the skin on.
- Sprinkle some sea salt on top of these pumpkin pieces.
- Place the pumpkin on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Roast for forty minutes.
- Let the cooked pumpkin cool and peel off the skin. ( please refer the image)
- Blend the roasted pumpkin with some more salt and cinnamon powder (optional) till you get a smooth pumpkin puree.
- Store in an air-tight jar and use as required.
How to make pumpkin cookie dough
Ingredients required to prepare the dough are; 2 cups of almond flour, ½ cup of pumpkin puree, 80 grams of butter, 1 large egg, 3/4th cup of Erythritol, 1 tsp of cinnamon powder, ¼ tsp of nutmeg powder, ½ tsp of baking powder and a pinch of salt.
Directions to make pumpkin cookie dough:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a clean bowl, add almond flour and Erythritol.
- Now add the cinnamon followed by nutmeg powder.
- It’s time to add in all the wet ingredients; eggs, pumpkin puree and the butter.
- Use the tip of your fingers to make a soft dough.
- Spoon the cookie dough onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Gently, pat the dough into shape a make a small well in each cookie. Watch the recipe video to follow the exact process.
How to make the cheesecake filling
Ingredients required for cheesecake filling are; 4 ounces of cream cheese, 1 egg, 2 tbsp Erythritol and ½ tsp of vanilla extract.
Directions to make the cheesecake filling:
- Add cream cheese and Erythritol to a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the egg and cream the ingredients
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well till you reach a heavy cream consistency.
- Use a measuring spoon to carefully pour the cream cheese into the cookie well.
- Bake for 20 minutes till the sides are brown. When you remove the tray, the cream cheese should not jiggle.
- Let the cookie come down to room temperature before eating.
Resist the temptation to eat many cookies at once as each cookie contains about 3.5 grams of carb. These pumpkin cheesecake cookies will stay good for a week in an air-tight container.