What Fruits to Eat on Keto
We have grown with a firm belief that fruits are an essential part of any healthy diet plan. One of the challenges we all face during our initiation to Keto is to stop consuming our favourite fruits. It is difficult to accept this change as fructose in fruits is quite addictive.
Most internet articles are too technical and advice you to use a calorie calculator to monitor your fruit intake. Quite evidently, people are suffering from information overload on this topic of fruits in a Keto Diet. You could waste time experimenting with some fruits in your diet that might work for you or get frustrated by eliminating organic fruits from your diet.
The good news is that “one can eat fruits in a Keto diet“. But, you may have to change your favourite fruits or limit your intake to match the requirements of the Ketogenic diet
Here are five ways you can incorporate Fruits in a Ketogenic :
- Eat ½ cup of berries as a snack. Choose from Blackberries, Raspberries & Strawberries as they are low in Carbohydrates.
- Drinking a few glasses of lemon water a day is refreshing for you and will not take your body out of Ketosis. A rather delicious variation of unsweetened lemon water is to mix Cranberry juice, Apple Cider Vinegar, Lemon Juice & Water.
- Eat mini skewers made up of Watermelon, Cheese & Cucumber or skewers of Cantaloupe with Cheese & Mint.
- Avocado is the best fruit you can eat in a keto diet. Eat Avocados as a salad, as a side serve along with your protein dish or enjoy the Guacamole spread on cheese slices.
- Depending on which part of the world you live in, you could enjoy small quantities of these exotic fruits: Rhubarb, Nectarines, Star Fruit.
Technically speaking, Tomatoes, Olives & Coconuts are also fruits. These fruits are recommended in most Keto Recipes.
To sum up this discussion, you can undoubtedly have a few fruits & nuts in a Ketogenic diet as long as you do it in moderation.
Your next step is to refer to the list of fruits and their calorie values given below.
Choose in-season low-carb fruits that you like the most. You will have a much better chance of succeeding with a Ketogenic diet if you are having farm-fresh fruits and love what you are eating!